It’s been 29 (of 365) Days since we started this journey of #PrayersWrappedInQuotes! 🙏 🕯️ REFLECTION GUIDE below ⬇️
😊 as you read this! Your day is going to be awesome after spending the next 10 mins reflecting!
🕯️: As your gratitude exercise today, I invite you to first buy a cone or pint of your favourite ice cream.
We begin with a rundown of the science-backed benefits of gratitude in one’s life:
✔️ gratitude deepens friendship
✔️ improves physical health
✔️ improve psychological health and lowers the incidence of depression
✔️ enhances empathy and reduces aggression
✔️ improves sleep
✔️ enhances self-esteem
✔️ increases mental strength and resilience
The Pint of Icecream: A Gratitude Exercise
This is with some apologies (although sorry, I’m not too sorry!!) to those who are on intermittent fasting or diet (you can buy a healthy ice cream version):
1) Open the pint of ice cream, get a spoon and start by mindfully eating – taking time with each bite.
2) With each spoonful of ice cream, remember one thing to be thankful for. It could be something simple (like eating ice cream right now!), or it could be something more complex. Take your time to understand your feelings for each.
3) Savour the feeling of gratitude, just as you savour the flavour of the ice cream.
4) You don’t have to finish the whole pint but you can continue feeling grateful as you continue your day.
You have a minute? You might also find these interesting:
- How Psychology and Spirituality are Two Sides of the Same Coin
- Three Practices to Celebrate Your Day
- Volo Ergo Sum
- First Two Steps to Creating Resilience
- Turning the Other Cheek